Green River Community College Transfer Admission Pathway Program
The two-year transfer program from Green River Community College is a student’s key to accessing hundreds of excellent four year colleges and universities in the United States. The courses in the transfer program consist of the first two years of a four-year bachelor’s degree. Transfer programs normally follow the curriculum of the leading public institution in a state; thus, ensuring students will be able to transfer their courses to the university. Because the basic programs at most US universities are similar, students have no problem transferring from Green River to universities anywhere in America.
Green River is able to further assist students in achieving their academic goals by offering a University Transfer Pathway letter , at the time of admission, from selected partner institutions. Twenty universities, including University of California – Davis and University of Oregon, offer the University Transfer Pathway option, conditional guaranteed admission, to any student who is admitted to Green River.
This is how it works:
- Apply to Green River Community College indicating transfer preference.
- Receive admission from GRCC and a Transfer Admission Letter from one of our university partners.
- Interview at U.S. embassy or consulate and apply for F-1 visa.
- Complete first two years of Bachelor’s degree at Green River.
- Complete last two years of Bachelor’s degree at partner university.
- Receive Bachelor’s Degree.
Green River assists students in every aspect of transferring to a university to obtain their BA degree. Each student is assigned an advisor to help them select the correct classes and assist in the application process. Over one hundred (100) universities visit the College each year to explain their programs and assist students desiring to attend. And students are provided assistance in building their resume and writing their admissions essay.