International Admission Requirements
Optional and highly recommended
- Completed International Student Application form
- Financial statement
- U.S. $50 application fee (non-refundable)
- Applicants must be 16
years of age by the program start date
- Housing Placement Requirements:
- Campus Corner Apartments: $300 placement fee OR
- Homestay: $300 placement fee
- High school or college transcript (sealed envelope)
- Copy of passport
TOEFL/IELTS Requirements for admission
- TOEFL 61/173/500, IELTS 5.5, no band lower than 5.0 = Admission to Academic Program
- No TOEFL or IELTS for placement in Intensive English Program
Additional English Proficiency Requirements for Academic Programs:
International students whose native language is
not English are required to demonstrate proficiency in English before
being admitted to the college academic program. Students who have not
demonstrated proficiency are required to take classes in GRCC's
Intensive English Program.
English proficiency can be demonstrated by meeting any one of the
- TOEFL 61/173/500 or higher on the international TOEFL or GRCC
institutional TOEFL. Institutional TOEFL scores from EF, ELS, CJR, Aspect, Vista,
Kaplan, Japan College of Foreign Language (JFL) and Osaka College of
Foreign Languages (OCFL) and Kanagawa Institute of Technology (KAIT) are accepted (less than 2 years old). Institutional TOEFL scores from any other
institution or school are not recognized.
- Academic placement on the GRCC IESL Placement Test. Only a score of
85 or higher on the Multiple Choice section of the IESL Placement
Test and an academic level proficiency on both the written essay and
oral test is considered an indication of academic-level standing.
- Successful completion of all GRCC IESL Academic Preparation (Level
5) classes. If a student has completed one or more IESL Academic
Preparation classes, the student may begin academic studies*.
Students completing the IESL with the intent of going on to GRCC
academic classes must begin their academic studies within two
quarters of having completed the IESL. (*Students are required to
consult with an IP advisor as to conditions and terms governing IESL/Academic
- IELTS of 5.5 with no band lower than 5.0.
Note: Only IELTS scores from tests administered outside of the USA
will be accepted.
- ELPT of 950 or higher.
- iTEP Academic score of Level 5 or better
- Kanda Institute of Foreign Languages (KIFL).
Students who complete English 10 @ CSU Fresno with a grade of
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) of no lower than
- STEP/EIKEN score of Grade 2A(minimum); Grade Pre-1 or
- A score of "C" or better in acquiring the Cambridge Certificate of
Proficiency in English (CPE).
- A score of "C" or better in acquiring the Cambridge Certificate
of Advanced English (CAE).
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
English score of C or higher
- Academic-level transfer students only: placement in or
completion of English 110 or higher, at an accredited
English-language college or university. Academic standing at another
institution is not recognized without English proficiency. Placement
in English 110 does not constitute completion of the English
proficiency requirement for GRCC IESL students.
- Completion of the appropriate ESL level at these schools:
- Aspect International Language Academies: Advanced Level or
Institutional TOEFL Report
- EF International Language Schools: Upper Intermediate 2
Level (B2-3) or Institutional TOEFL or IBT Report. Must be
submitted directly to Green River from an EF International
Language School to be considered official.
- ELS Language Schools: Level 109 or Institutional TOEFL
- FLS: Level 6
- Kaplan English Programs: Advance Level Completion Letter
- Embassy CES: Diploma of English Program certificate Level 4
- St. Giles Int'l English Academy Level 6
- Secondary Education. Official high school completion diploma
from accredited institutions in Australia, New Zealand, Canada,
United Kingdom or the United States indicating a passing score in
- Denmark: A minimum grade of 7 in A-level English and 10 in
B-level English (new scale); grade of 11 in English in Stream B,
- Finland: High School English grade 8 or higher
- Germany: Gymnasium/Abitur of 7 or higher in LF classes;
without LF, a grade of 10 or higher
- Netherlands: VWO: 6 or higher; HAVO: 7 or higher; MBO: 7 or
- Norway: High School English grade of 4 or higher
- Sweden: Upper Secondary School: VG
- Singapore: Completion of "N" level or higher
print and complete our
Payment Form. Fax the form to (253) 931-6346.
New students who use GRCC's I-20 to enter the U.S. must:
- report in person to GRCC's orientation session for new international
- enroll for and attend the first quarter at GRCC
- present originals of : passport, visa, I-94 and GRCC I-20*
* Students transferring from other U.S. schools must present their most
recent I-20 instead of a Green River I-20.
US Citizens and Permanent Residents
If you will not need a student visa to study at Green River Community
College, please visit the GRCC Web
site for more information regarding
and Permanent Resident Admission information