Welcome to the Running Start program at Green River Community College! Running Start is an exciting and nationally recognized option that allows qualified high school juniors and seniors to enroll in college courses tuition-free. Credits earned at Green River Community College are transferable to most 4-year colleges and universities, and can satisfy high school graduation requirements. Students may enroll simultaneously in high school and college classes, or exclusively in college classes. Please view our site through one of four lenses. Are you a prospective Running Start student? Are you a current Running Start student? Are you the parent of a Running Start student? Or are you a high school counselor?
New Parent Orientation
Attention parents/guardians of NEW Running Start students for fall 2015! We invite you to attend an orientation just for you. Learn about the college journey your student is about to embark on, including information on planning for a degree and eventual transfer, information about financial aid, and how to support your Running Start student. If your student has already attended orientation and registered for fall classes, please join us on Tuesday, September 8 at 6 p.m. on the main campus in Auburn. Light hors d'oeuvres will be served, so please RSVP by September 2nd.
Are you considering participating in the Running Start Program at Green River? Sign up for an information session to learn all about it: the challenges, benefits, eligibility requirements, and more.
CURRENTLY ENROLLED RUNNING START STUDENTS ONLY: Sign up for a mandatory planning workshop only after attending a Running Start Orientation
This planning workshop, exclusively for Running Start students, is mandatory for all Running Start students taking ten or more credits. All other Running Start students are welcome to attend as well--you will learn a lot!
We will cover:
- The associate degrees Green River College offers
- How to choose a degree and plan your quarters efficiently
- How an associate degree transfers to universities
- Planning your degree using the Ed Plan tool and other resources
Meet the Staff
The Running Start staff are dedicated to helping students begin their college journey at Green River by providing guidance, education and direction into the world of higher education. We offer strategies for navigating college programs through workshops, meetings, emails, our website, etc. We are available Monday through Friday for appointments, email, and phone communications.
- Employed at Green River since: 2007
- Education: Master of Education (M.Ed.)
- Specialty: Running Start
- Notable Fact: I grew up with Green River. I was a CLEO student, then continued working part-time while I finished my undergraduate degree. From my experience in Outreach, I have a passion for student access and helping students succeed. I am also the mother of an adorable toddler and have a new baby boy; they keep us busy!
- Employed at Green River since: 2005
- Education: Associate of Science at Mt Hood Community College
- Specialty: Running Start
- Notable Fact: Mollie loves to bake, especially yeast breads and rolls (cinnamon and raisin rolls). She is a grandmother of 7: 5 boys, 2 girls. Their ages are 2 to 13 years old. Her favorite sport is basketball.
Hours of Operation
If you need assistance, please call the number shown below.
(253) 833-9111, ext. 2643
You can send the Career & Advising Center an email by using the link below.
We are located on the main campus in Auburn, on the first floor of the Lindbloom Student Center (LC), room 126.
12401 SE 320th Street